Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Drip Dry

Have I mentioned that I hate ironing? (Wait, we're trying hard to get our girls to stop using the word 'hate.) Have I mentioned that I have a feeling of intense hostility toward ironing? (See, isn't that much better?)

But I do it almost every Monday morning during the school year -- generally between 6:15 and 6:30 a.m. because that's the day my girls have to wear their dress uniforms to school. Given the uniform, it seems reasonable to require ironing -- no matter how intense my hostility toward the effort is.

What doesn't make sense is the care label on my husband's swim trunks that includes "iron when necessary." When is it EVER necessary to iron swim trunks?

That said, did you know that there's a whole little system of symbols for care labels?

This one means drip dry:



This one means Chlorine bleach may be used:


This one means use hot iron (220C/392F) for cotton, linen, viscose:


You know I'll be on the lookout for that last one . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment