Monday, July 19, 2010

Forecast: Bumpy Seas

The desktop computer is refusing to play. It won't even boot. So, I'm working on my netbook today.

I seem to go through little spells in life when things just don't go right -- to the point that you just have to laugh. Not big things, fortunately, just little things -- like the battery dies on the car, a contact gets lost, the big client project gets deleted -- all in one day. Those are the kind of spells I go through, which basically means that you should avoid getting into a car with me for a while, or an elevator, or even a building. I have to remind myself that the only thing I can control is my attitude (which I admit to saying through gritted teeth a few times last week).

But as the old proverb goes: "A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner."

So, as I watch the cursor on the black screen blink at me from my desktop computer, I'm off to sail the bumpy seas.

Hope you all have a great day, and if you see me on the sidewalk, you should probably look up to make sure there's nothing about to fall on our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment