Friday, June 11, 2010

He blew it

Ya know how husbands mess stuff up on purpose so that they don't have to do things anymore -- like laundry? Well, my hubby blew it. He planned an absolutely wonderful, fantastic trip for our anniversary. He can never, ever say that he can't plan a vacation.

Napa Valley is the answer to the clues from earlier this week. We flew into San Fransisco and stayed one night in Napa, and the rest of the time in Yountville at a wonderful inn. (Oops. I'm about to exceed the "wonderful" limit for any one blog.)

Sigh. I still smell the honeysuckle.

We rode the wine train, toured wineries, got massages, and had dinner at one of the very best restaurants in America. Another sigh. It was positively romantic and fun.

We also toured the Jelly Belly Factory. (Yes, that was my idea. Most people come back from Napa Valley with bottles of wine. Not me. I come back with tins of Jelly Bellies.) We didn't bring back any wine. I was so overpacked as it was that my suitcase had to wear its fat pants.

In honor of my short-lived souvenirs, some randoms from the Jelly Belly website:

1. Jelly Belly beans were invented in 1976.

2. It takes 7 to 21 days to make a single Jelly Belly jelly bean.

3. Enough Jelly Belly beans were eaten in the last year to circle the earth more than five times.

So, back to reality. It's me and a mess of Jelly Bellies saving the world one compliance question at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment