The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. In honor of our nation's birthday, here are a few randoms:
1. There are 27 grievances against the King of England listed in the Declaration of Independence.
2. There are 56 signatures on the Declaration of Independence.
3. The final text of the Declaration was approved on July 4, 1776, but it's unclear when the Declaration was actually signed. It may not have been signed until August, and some historians suggest that the last signature was obtain in January 1777.
4. Calvin Coolidge was born on the Fourth of July.
5. Both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on the Fourth.
Have a wonderful and safe Fourth!