Monday, May 17, 2010

Cruising

I'm going on my first cruise with one of my dearest friends in the world. So, I won't be around to post later this week.

This won't be my first time on a cruise ship, however. As a child, I spent at least one night on the Queen Mary, which is docked in Long Beach, California, and is used as a hotel.

We're heading down to Mexico for a little relaxation and some writing time. I can't wait. In honor of my upcoming trip, here's a little cruise trivia.

1. More than 18 million people take a cruise each year. (Luckily, only a few of them will be on the ship with me.)

2. In September 2005, FEMA contracted with three Carnival Cruise ships to house Hurricane Katrina evacuees.

3. The practice of cruising grew out of transatlantic crossings, which took at least four days.

Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment