Friday, July 9, 2010

Camp

Last Sunday, we dropped my oldest daughter off at summer camp. When we got to the check in table, I was asked if she had another "legal guardian" that I wanted to add to her list. "Legal guardian?" As opposed to an "illegal guardian?"

And, yes, being me, I couldn't help but ask that very thing of the nice young lady helping us check in. She took my question with great humor and told a few tales of how other parents have responded to her question.

But I digress. As usual.

I was a bit nervous about how my daughter would handle being dropped off at sleep away camp for the first time. But when it came time for the rest of us to leave, she gave us a quick hug (absolutely no tears -- from either of us) and said good-bye. Minutes later, we saw her walking to the lake with a new friend while we got water from the dining hall.

We pick her up tomorrow morning, and I'm sure I'm WAY happier about that then her, but that's okay. We'll both get over it.

I haven't had a word puzzle in a while, so how about one for "camp?"

Changing one letter at a time, how many words does it take you to get from "camp" to "love?" (E.g., "sat" to "sit" to "pit" is two words.) I can get there in five words.

No comments:

Post a Comment