Tax Day is April 18th this year instead of the usual April 15th. This is a nice break for my hubby, whose birthday is April 15th.
(Mind you, April 15th is also the date Lincoln died and the Titanic sank, but we generally consider it a good day because that's the hubby's birthday.)
In honor of Tax Day, here are a few tax randoms:
1. President Abraham Lincoln created the first personal income tax to finance the Civil War.
2. The Sixteenth Amendment was added to the U.S. Constitution to make personal income taxation lawful.
3. The U.S. Tax Code contains over 7 million words. The Bible has roughly 773,000 words, and the Gettysburg Address has only 269.
4. There are currently more IRS agents than there are U.S. troops in Iraq.
5. The IRS maintains its own tax trivia page.